The Burslem Branch Canal is a 3/8 mile arm of the Trent and Mersey Canal in Stoke-on-Trent. The canal opened in 1805 and was closed by a major breach in 1961.
Backed by the Trent and Mersey Canal Society and the North Staffordshire and South Cheshire Branch of the Inland Waterways Association, the Burslem Port Project was created with the aim to restore the Branch Canal and create an attractive and safe “haven” for boaters passing through or visiting Stoke-on-Trent.
In 2011 Burslem Port Trust was formed.
Follow the links below to see a more detailed timeline.