Due to the extremely poor weather, today's planned work party is cancelled. There is thunder and lightning in the Stoke area at present and rain continuously forecast through the day, so it is not either safe or practical to go ahead.
If people are interested/available may try to reschedule for either this Friday or next Tuesday. Please let me know if either is possible for you.
It feels like it has been some time since I was last in touch but I'm happy to say that after the usual summer break our work parties will get going again next Tuesday. We will have plenty of tidying up to do across the site, not least because on the following Saturday a number of visitors from the Inland Waterways Association, whose AGM is in Stoke over the weekend, will be on a tour around the site, which I will be leading. It is a good opportunity to tell people about our project and I'd like to get the site looking as good as we can for our visitors.